Thursday, April 5, 2007

A bit of Irony

Any of you that have seen the inside of my van know that I have it set up kind of like an office on wheels...a really dirty one. In order to do that, I have to have power to run the printer and computer. Well that power comes from a converter that is directly connected to the battery inside my van. Today, after I finished working, I realized that I left the power button on the converter on all day. This was drawing power from my battery, ergo, I have a dead battery.

The ironic part is that I am a "mobile mechanic" of sorts. I am supposed to be able to help people with these kinds of problems, but as Stephen can testify my instant jump starter hasn't worked for a short time...like a year and a half. Why does this kind of stuff always happen? The other day I saw a tow truck towing a tow truck. I also got hit by a softball and it freaking hurt.

Hopefully my van never runs out of oil. That would probably be worse.

3 comments:

Christopher said...

I think it would be highly entertaining if you ran out of oil.

As for softball...it's dangerous man. I try and stick with much safer sports...like lawn darts!

matero said...

I ran across your blog yesterday after noticing that I received 80 referrals from it! I found our jpeg on your blog for feb 21.

Thanks for the boost (17% of our hits). Can't wait to find out how many referrals we've had since 2/21.

How did you run across our site?

Jamie Stavenger said...

Now....YOU getting hit with a softball....That's DARN funny. :) GOOD JOB! (have you read my blog today??)